Android 11; Samsung Galaxy A20; Gmail app (fully updated):
When I send an email that has an image, the email gets stuck in the Gmail outbox folder (status = Queued) for a day or two before eventually being sent.
- This issue started a couple of weeks ago. The Gmail app worked fine before then -- ever since I got the phone years ago. I'm not aware of any changes that were made to my phone/settings that might have caused this issue.
- The issue happens no matter what the file size is -- not just for large photos. For example, a screenshot of a small area of the screen also has this issue.
- The network type is a cell data plan, not Wi-Fi. Although switching to Wi-Fi doesn't solve the issue either.
- I tried resetting the Gmail app by un-updating the app (can't uninstall the app), then re-updating the app. That had no effect. I also cleared the app cache and data.
- The issue happens regardless of the email recipient.
- I don't have this problem when sending emails that have no attachments.
Why are emails with attachments not being sent right away?