I have found my Google Nexus 5 which I had problems with in 2016 concerning the infamous stuck power button. At some point, the phone was stuck in a restarting loop. Then, I managed to leave this loop by pressing the power button multiple times.
After that until this day, when I start it, it is stuck in the Google booting animation of the spinning colored balls. It stays in this animation forever, it has now been in this state for the last 12 hours. Interesting is, that when I turn it off by pressing the power button, it automatically restarts, coming back to this animation screen. Looks like this (animated and moving):
I don't care about the phone anymore, but I care about my data. Some important things:
- phone is not rooted
- bootloader is locked
- fastboot mode works (Power + VolumeDown)
- recovery mode doesn't work (Select it from fastboot mode and then "No command" is shown and I press Power + VolumeUp)
So, I can use fastboot commands but not adb commands.
Things I have tried / researched (feel free to correct me):
- Connect the phone in fastboot mode to my PC and start recovery mode via fastboot command from here. Doesn't work either, the phone restarts then and stays in booting animation.
- Tries to start a custom recovery image in fastboot mode via fastboot command, but this requires the bootloader to be unlocked.
- Found out that the phone uses an eMMc for storage which you can't remove from the phone and connect it somehow to your PC to access the data (is there really no option to get the data if I remove the eMMc?)
Please, in 2023, is there ANY WAY in this world I can rescue my user data under these circumstances or at least some more things I could try?