Not sure how the brand of the phone really helps, but from what I gathered:
- Phone doesn't have a fast charge protocol. Very basic micro-B USB. Supports any 5V-1A USB charger. 3400mAh battery. The OS version is Android 10.
- A while ago no cable would charge the Phone. I took it to a repair shop, and they replaced the charging port. I bought a new cable (specced for 2A), and found no issue for a while. This didn't last long.
- Currently no cable will charge it normally anymore.
- May have physical damage, as I have to twist the Phone-side plug hard for the Phone to respond.
- If the phone is connected to a USB wall plug, the Phone still says it is charging, which normally has never occurred. Indicated battery percentage does not go up.
- If the Phone is connected to a PC over USB, with USB debug mode turned on, PC side
adb shell dumpsys batteryreturns a growing "charge counter" (uAh) but decreasing "level" (percentage). SOMETIMES the percentage may go up, but it's not guaranteed. The USB session is generally stable.
- I have no USB multimeter yet, so no other info can be inferred from any charge session.
How should I troubleshoot this issue? Is the charging IC in the Phone somehow faulty?