I have read a lot of documentation about how to run ICS on the Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Can I use the same approaches for the S+? Or is it not possible to run ICS on the S+?
The Galaxy S Plus i9001 looks like the i9000 however it has completely different internals:
- side by side comparison at gsmarena.com
- different CPU (1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon vs. 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird)
- different GPU (Adreno vs PowerVR)
- different baseband modules (the i9001 has faster HSDPA)
- better battery, less internal space (512MB vs 2GB for the i9000)
Most importantly, the i9000 is well supported while the i9001's community support is rather poor. There's no official CM port for it. See the i9001's forum at XDA-developers.com. Regarding the approaches: Yes, you can use the same tools and your knowledge for the i9000. Just not the same ROM downloads.