I am running official Samsung ROM build version 2.6.3 DDLF2. I wish to root it for reverse tethering and few other utilities. Need a trusted link for rooting tutorial or a rooting package for the same.
Your device seems to be quite easy to root.
- Make sure you have Samsung Kies installed.
- Download Odin 1.8.3
- Go here and download the appropriate file for your firmware. To find out you firmware's version, you can run
dumpstateon the phone (via
adb shellor any terminal application). The fifth line of the output will contain the version identifier (like
- Start your phone in download mode. Switch off your phone, and restart it while holding power + volume down + home
- Enter download mode and plug your phone into your PC.
- Start Odin and put the firmware you just downloaded into the PDA box.
- Click Start. Your phone should reboot after a while.
- Congratulations! You are now rooted!
- Switch off your phone and reboot into Recovery by holding volume up + home + power.
- Wipe Dalvik Cache.
The BAM kernel v15 beta will root your device. Just flash it via Odin and that's it!! There you will get everything what you need!
I own the same phone, and I feel it's safest way to root because some newbies flash some other packages which break their Wi-Fi or even cause the phone to boot loop.