Is there any app available in the Android Market for Stack Exchange sites?
locked by Matthew Read Mar 7 '15 at 22:31
This question exists because it has historical significance, but it is not considered a good, on-topic question for this site so please do not use it as evidence that you can ask similar questions here. This question and its answers are frozen and cannot be changed. See the help center for guidance on writing a good question.
Read more about locked posts here.
There are a couple of apps out there like Droidstack and StackWidget. Both of the apps can work together. I've just installed them, but so far you can't seem to answer or respond to questions with them. You can though, follow your questions and get notifications when you get answers. Droidstack is a question browser, and StackWidget lets you watch specific questions.
There just happens to be such a tool. It's not an actual application, but it works quite well with and is optimized for Android phones and tablets.
Some of the features you will find:
- Full access to all questions, answers, comments, and users on the site.
- Full question and user search capability.
- The ability to easily switch between StackMobile and the equivalent page on the main site.
- View tags and tag wiki excerpts as well as questions with certain tags.
- View user profiles including a user's top 5 question / answers.
- The ability to quickly share pages using social network buttons.
Disclaimer: I wrote it.
I recently had the opportunity to try Stack Remote, which features an incredibly well-designed interface that looks really slick:
As is the case with all other apps that use the latest version of the API (2.1 at the time of this writing), there is no support for asking and answering questions. However, the app is handy for checking your inbox and quickly browsing questions.