Last week, I decided to flash a custom ROM to my 2 year old Desire HD. I used the hack kit (AAHK) and flashed Jellytime R30. Everything is great... except for the non-existent GPS.
After looking around, I've managed to tracked the issue down to an incompatible/outdated radio on my device. My current baseband version is 126.96.36.199U_26.10.04.03_M.
According to the ticket, people were able to make the GPS work by flashing a new radio version 188.8.131.52_184.108.40.206_M. To aid me in flashing a new radio, I read a lot and figured out that I would need to do the following steps:
- Download the radio file
- Rename it to PD98IMG.zip (this is important!)
- Move the file to your SD-card root (not in any folder)
- Download MD5 Checksum Checker
- Make sure that the MD5 provided with the download link matches with your downloaded file! ^ If not performed, you might risk bricking your device!
- If they match, you are ready to go! Power off your device.
- Hold the volume-down and powerbutton simultaneously ^ This will boot you into Fastboot/Bootloader
- You should see a screen with options
- Navigate to Bootloader (if not already in it) and press the powerbutton
- Wait for the flashing process to begin (it does automatically!).
- Reboot your phone and you are done!
So here are my questions:
Are the steps I've laid out above correct?
Will radio version 220.127.116.11_18.104.22.168_M work for my device? It's HTC Desire HD bought in the Philippines on May 2010. (According to the thread, this is from an Inspire device)
- Will this radio work in the Philippines? (I've read that radios are "region" specific. If they are, where can I download a radio for our region?)
- According to a user, "flash ENG S-OFF and your device was shipped with Gingerbread you will mess your bootloader and radio won't be the main concern then". I'm currently on S-OFF (via AAHK) and my device was shipped with Froyo (I think). Will this be a problem? (I don't understand what he is saying).
That's all. Thank you in advance.