When trying to transfer pdfs from computer to Galaxy Note II, Samsung Kies reports 'No App to read file'. I have several pdf readers including adobe for android and downloads direct to Note 2 work fine.
There are multiple ways to copy files between your computer and your Android device:
- simply connect the two using an USB cable, and mount your Android device's storage to the computer -- then deal with it like with any other drive
- create "shared folders" on your computer, and use an Android app which can deal with them, like e.g. ES File Explorer File Manager
- Use an app which can share your Android device to your computer, for even more manageability -- like e.g. AirDroid
- use cloud services like e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive which are accessible from both, your computer and your Android device, to share documents between the two
- lame, but also listed for completeness: Send the files to your Google Mail account, and then save the attachments from the GMail app
Far from being complete -- but it should give you an idea of what's possible.