Please tell me how to transfer my data from internal storage to the external SD Card please.... I'm ready to throw this stupid phone out the window.
closed as unclear what you're asking by ale, Dan Hulme, geffchang, Ryan Conrad, Chahk Sep 14 '13 at 14:59
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
If your goal is to transfer data from the internal SDCard to the external, you can do so in several ways:
- use a file explorer directly on the device (ES File Explorer File Manager is a good choice for this)
- attach your device to your computer via USB, and both sdcards should become accessible. Use your favorite file explorer on your PC then to copy/move the files
If, on the other side, you are talking about the internal "phone storage": without root access to your device, your possibilities are pretty limited...
I'm going to assume the following:
- You're running the latest Android version (4.1.2).
- You want to transfer media (photos/videos/music).
Most Android devices come with a file manager app installed on the device. Take a look at all your applications (press the grid button on the homescreen) and see if you have one (this can be something such as "My Files", "Files", or "File Manager"). If you happen to have one, open it.
- Navigate to the media on internal storage.
- Do a long press on the item/folder that you wish to move.
- Select the destination on the SD card.