I tried to install a custom ROM on my htc one X without making any backup. My new custom ROM did not installed correctly. It is just showing X type logo of custom ROM after htc splash screen. I can go to hboot, fastboot and recovery menus. I can also access the memory card. My problem is that I do not know how can I add new custom ROM on memory card so I can install it. Please help.
yesterday I had the same problem,and finally I found the solution.
- Flash TWRP recovery on your one X, and power off.
- Then Connect your phone to your PC by using usb cable
- Boot into twrp recovery select mount & storage on twrp menu and the select Mount USB Storage,after doing this your PC should see your phone as USB storage.
- Copy your rom file into sdcard on your PC.
- Disconnect the phone from PC,reboot your phone into bootloader and then run twrp recovery.
- Before flashing rom full wipe is recommended to avoid problems, so full wipe by twrp recovery or by fastboot commands (fastboot erase cache)
- Flash compatible boot.img by using fastboot commands (fastboot flash boot bootfile.img)
- Full wipe your device
- Then flash the rom.zip by using twrp,that's all.