As above, I want a different sound for incoming Twitter alerts so they are not the same as my normal texts. It's so frustrating to keep looking at the phone when I am waiting for a particular private text, but I dont want to get rid of my Twitter alerts. Surely like email sound can be different this should be too. How do I do it please? I have an HTC Sensation.
In the Twitter app...
- Tap the Overflow menu (three vertical dots) and choose "Settings"
- Tap the account (your username, not general) you want to change
- Under "Notification Indicators" tap "Ringtone"
- Choose the Ringtone you want to use for Twitter notifications for this account
For more recent versions of Twitter, this something controlled at the OS level.
- Long-press the app icon and choose App Info, or go to Android Settings, Apps & notifications, and choose "Twitter"
- Tap "App notifications"
- There, for each Twitter account, you can control which notifications you get, whether they make a sound, and whether they also show a pop-up
- Tap the notification you want to change, make sure "Make sound" is on, and then tap "Sound" to choose the alert ringtone for that notification.
(These instructions are based on Android 8.1 and Twitter 7.40.0.)
protected by Community♦ May 14 '16 at 16:14
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?