Some days back, My nexus was getting connected to the computer. But yesterday I discovered, it is no more like that. It is only getting charged via USB connection. No notification of connection received, either on phone or computer. what to do? Kindly suggest !
Transfer files through USB (Windows & Mac OS)
You can use a USB cable to transfer music, pictures, and other files from your device to a computer and vice versa.
To change your device's USB connection options, touch Settings > Device > Storage > Menu > USB computer connection.
- Connect your device to the USB port on your computer. Its USB storage is mounted as a drive and appears on your computer screen.
- Copy files back and forth as you would using any other external device.
- When you finish, eject the device from within Windows before unplugging the USB cable.
Mac OS transfer
- Install Android File Transfer from www.android.com/filetransfer, and follow the instructions there. (If you are using Android File Transfer for the first time, double-click it to open it. After the first connection, it opens automatically whenever you connect.)
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. Android File Transfer starts, if it’s not already running, and opens a window that displays the contents of your device, along with storage space details at the bottom of the window.
- Work with this window much as you do in the Finder window: open and close folders, create new folders, and drag files to or from it and other Finder windows.
- Disconnect the USB cable when you finish.
By Google site: Device settings