I'm using terminal-ide http://code.google.com/p/terminal-ide/ which is basically a terminal for android with all sorts of utilities. One is able to create bash scripts for example. Is there a way to create an icon on the home screen that will launch one of these scripts?
Is there a way to create an icon on the home screen that will launch one of these scripts?
- Install that app, choose Term Shortcut widget in your current launcher.
Corresponding to Arguments enter:
In my case, the query was:
As for the root access, you can either provide
suaccess from inside the script and use the aforesaid command for execution, or do:
su -c "sh /sdcard/airdroid/dd.sh"
Choice is yours!
Choose icon or shortcut label as per your needs, tap OK and an icon would be placed on the home screen.
- Tap the icon, the Terminal Emulator app window would open and the script would execute, just like in Desktop GNU/Linux.
We're good to go!
Terminal-ide doesn't appear to have that feature yet, but it does have an issue tracker where you could request it. As it's an open-source program, you might even be able to add the feature yourself if you know (or are willing to teach yourself) a little about how Android apps are written.
- Choose Task Shortcut widget in your current launcher.
- Create a task name and tap
+→ Code → Run Shell. Enter the details there as per your need.
- Save the task, choose the icon, and a shortcut (icon) would be placed at home screen.
- The shortcut would work as long as Tasker's service keeps running in background.
worked for me , I made a favorite script and with add-on create a luncher to mount my ext4 USB pens (with root) .