The following instructions are from androidforums.com site.
The summary of the rooting procedure (just copied and pasted - credit goes to sagarwep the poster of the procedure) is as below:
- Enable USB debugging on your device. To do that, go to Settings > Development > USB debugging.
- Connect your device to any PC/laptop. The drivers will be installed automatically.
- Download Bin4ry for Root A110 By sagarwep.7z and unzip.
RunMe.batfrom the extracted location.
- A command prompt with weird green letters will pop-up on your screen. Follow the onscreen instructions carefully. To start off, you willl need to type in a "1" and press enter. [Note: If you ever want to Unroot your Micromax A110, follow the above steps till you reach this one and then, instead of typing "1", type "x" and hit enter. Follow the instructions that appear on the command prompt after that.]
- Your device will reboot during the process after which Bin4ry will copy some files to your device.
- With RootChecker you can verify whether the phone is rooted or not.