I am trying to create some custom shortcuts for often-used words/phrases using the built in dictionary, but have run into a roadblock.
I'm trying to follow the instructions in this blog post, specifically:
- Tap Settings, Language & Input, then “Personal dictionary.” (Note: the exact settings may differ depending on the make and model of your Android phone.)
- Tap the “+” sign in the top-right corner of the screen, then enter the word or phrase (like “on my way”) you’d like to make a shortcut for.
- Next, type a brief shortcut that’s easy to remember; for example, “omw” for “on my way.”
- Tap the Back key, and you’ll see an entry for the shortcut you just added. Want to add more shortcuts? Tap the “+” sign again.
- Now, go to the Messaging app, compose a new message, and tap one of your new shortcuts—and when you do, the phrase you entered will appear in the row of auto-correct options just above the keyboard. Tap the phrase to add it to your message.
However, I'm not able to find these settings on my Galaxy Note 2. How can I do this?
In the first step itself I am stuck. Didn't find any option for 'Personal Dictionary' sort of thing.
Tap Settings, Language & Input, then “Personal dictionary.”