The Beats earbuds that came with my HTC One initially worked great: the inline control worked, sounded decent. Recently, the phone fails to recognize them however. When I plug in alternative earbuds the phone plays music through the alts. When I plug the Beats earbuds into alternative audio sources, the earbuds themselves work fine.
There appears to be a conflict between the two together:
- I have tried using the headphone controls apps to see if throwing an app in there dedicated to managing the earbud controls would be a workaround and this did not work.
- When I plug the Beats earbuds in, music plays through the phone speaker but the earbuds make the noise they would due to being plugged into a sound source
- I have tried this with the Beats Audio setting on and off, and it is not a separate volume settings issue as the phone plays music through itself instead of the earbuds
- Essentially, the issue isn't even with the inline controls, it is with audio not coming out at all; having audio come out of them would suffice a win for me
What are my options and which are the best:
- Get a new set of the same headphones; confirm if the issue is with this specific pair, and perhaps a short inline or other wear issue?
- Is there some kind of Software solution?
- Is the phone the problem even if other headphones work with it?