I'm haing a problem with google play store from few weeks, I can't purchase any app with carrier billing option. it says "Your mobile payment service isn't available, try again later" any ideas how to fix this? thanks
Carrier billing agreements are only set up on a few carriers in a few countries.
As of the end of 2013, that list is:
Country Carriers Australia Telstra Belgium Mobistar Germany T-Mobile International, o2 France SFR, Bouygues, Orange Hong Kong 3 Ireland 3, O2 Italy Wind Italy Japan Docomo, KDDI, Softbank Korea KT, SKT, LGU+ Netherlands KPN Norway Telenor Poland Play Russia Beeline Singapore Singtel Spain Movistar Sweden 3, Telenor SE Switzerland Swisscom UK T-Mobile International US AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon
If you're still having trouble, Google Play Support has some other troubleshooting steps you should try:
If you don’t see a carrier billing option under Payment options, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you’re connected to your carrier’s mobile data network (3G/4G), not Wi-Fi.
- Direct carrier billing is only available on mobile devices using the Google Play Store
- Google Play Store app, not computers.
- Your account with your carrier must be in good standing.
- Check with your carrier to make sure:
- You haven’t exceeded your carrier’s monthly spending limit.
- Your device and service plan allow premium content purchases.
- Your device can use direct carrier billing.
Basically this has to do with the tie up for billing between your carrier & google. Currently google may not have a tieup with your carrier to charge you directly on phone bill. Or if you were earlier use to but via your carrier than their is a fair chance that contract between google and you carrier is over or in some dispute due to which direct carrier billing integration has been removed.
If you haven't set up a Google Wallet account, you’ll need to create one before making a purchase.
Open the Google Play Store Google Play Store app. Select an app or digital content item. Touch the price. If you're purchasing an app, review and Accept permissions to continue. Next to the price, touch the Down Down arrow. Touch Payment options. Touch Carrier billing Enable carrier billing. Review and Save your account information.