There are a lot of Google hits in which people report that the usual desktop Chrome keyboard shortcuts (e.g., ctrl+t for a new tab) work fine on Android Chrome with an external Bluetooth keyboard.
However, none of the shortcuts seem to work in my system. I am using the following setup:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Android 4.0
- Chrome web browser
- Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard
- Nothing strange configured or installed; I have recently reset the tablet
For example, these things work OK:
- System-wide shortcuts (e.g. win+l for Calendar) work.
- If I tap on the address bar in Chrome, I can use the keyboard to enter a URL.
- I can also edit the address as usual when the address bar is active. Arrow keys work, ctrl+a works, ctrl+c / ctrl+v works, etc.
However, these things seem to do nothing:
- Using any of the usual keyboard combinations in Chrome: ctrl+t, ctrl+n, ctrl+l, ctrl+w, etc.