How's this for a catch 22 - I would like to make a copy of the full folder structure starting at the path above. I have explored:
- Finding ways to move the app onto the internet data storage (SD card equivalent), before realising that it would likely still leave the app data in the protected
- Looking for ways to root the device, without wiping the storage, as I have read is possible for a few other mobile devices (Nexus 7 for one)
- "Temporary rooting" the device - This looks to be most promising, but I cannot find how to do this for the Nexus 10
In my desperation, have also tried to export the Chrome for Android history (least preferable solution), but:
- Chrome for Android provides no way of saving
- The Google based sync is missing many pages, even whole days of pages, when viewing in Portable Chrome on the desktop
- The press-and-hold clicking of individual links on
chrome://historypage, would take too long.
chrome:historydoesn't display the full URL's, so the screenshots (Power + Volume down, concurrently) I took are only semi-useful
Then there is the open tabs:
chrome:taskspresent a "Web page not found" error, which I presume means that they are not available on the Android version.
Does anyone have something else for me to try??
After Dan Hulme's pointing out that there is already a workaround to this, I would like to change this question to ask if there is any way to mount the back file
adb backup produces, instead of having to recover it to a like device, in order to work with the files contained with the archive.