I've had a Samsung Galaxy S3 for a little over a year now and not had too many problems with it. This afternoon, however, it's decided it won't connect to mobile data at all. I've had similar things on this and previous android phones, so I've tried:
- making sure wifi isn't on
- checking that mobile data is enabled (!)
- checking the AP settings (these are actually locked down by my network provider - O2 UK)
- turned on & off airplane mode
- powered off & on
- powered off, removed the battery and powered it back on
In all cases, I get no mobile data icon (so it's not even trying to connect from what I can tell) and I get no connectivity. Phone calls and wifi are working just fine.
Is there anywhere diagnostic information is kept around the status of the mobile data connection? If there's an error occurring, that would certainly be useful!
I did drop the phone a few days ago, but the mobile data has been working fine since then... but I guess it could still be related somehow. Even if that is the case and there's a hardware fault, the same thing applies - where is the diagnostic info?
I'm on the O2 UK stock image by the way - 4.1.2 / JZO54K.I9300XXEMC2