I have searched and searched for a solution to this problem, please help. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.2.2 along with the Chrome browser.
Steps to replicate:
- Navigate to: http://www.buzzbuzzbingo.com/Holidays/Halloween_Images/
- Click "Download and Print" to start download of PDF file.
- Notice notification that says "Starting downloading..."
- Open notification bar and see that the download has completed.
- Click the downloaded PDF file and receive "Cannot open file" error message and the notification bar closes.
Long clicking the downloaded PDF does not offer options for choosing which app to open the file. I have installed Adobe Reader and using that to navigate to the downloaded file will open the file just fine. Same with Polaris Office. I would like to be able to open the PDF from the notification bar. Alternatively if I could view the PDF directly in Chrome, that would be acceptable.