I have a HTC Desire and use different Wifi networks with it, but I don't have mobile internet access. My laptop is usualy connected via a mobile modem. Is there a way to share the laptop's internet access via Wifi or Bluetooth?
These steps only work on Windows 7, which allows you to set up a Wireless Hosted Network.
These programs will set up your computer to pass through the wifi connection
Then on the Android device:
- Go to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi Settings
- Open Advance settings menu
- Tick the Use static IP option
- Enter your desired IP address (ex: 192.168.2.2) into Ip Address field
- Enter your IPV4 Address (ex. 192.168.2.1) into Gateway field
- Enter 255.255.255.0 into Netmask field
- Enter your internet connection’s DNS server (use ipconfig /all command to get DNS info) into DNS 1 and DNS 2. As an alternative, you can use Google Public DNS: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Connect to Wi-Fi using your password
- Disable and Enable Wi-Fi (in case if it won’t connect)
- Check the connection using browser or other application.