If I write an SMS and go on contacts I see the list of frequent contacts. How do I delete these frequent contacts?
Follow these instructions:
- Tap the "All Apps" button.
- Swipe up until you find the "People" app, then tap it.
- Swipe right to left starting at "Phone", swipe past "Favorites, until you arrive at "People". (These categories are listed at the middle top of the screen right below the white search icon.)
- In the top left hand corner, you will see "Phonebook" with a small arrow pointing downward. Tap this. It will light up in blue. Make sure the "Phone" box is checked. (Check other boxes as needed later.) A list will appear showing all the people linked with your Messages (as Contacts).
- Tap the three white dots in the upper right hand corner.
- Select "Delete contacts" and choose your contacts to delete.
And there you have it!
I just figured it out. It's a hack, but it worked!
If you go to your phonebook and go to the 'Groups' (past phone, favorites, contacts, etc.) you will see a list of groups including 'frequent'. Click on that, and then the menu on the top right (three dots) includes an 'edit smart group'. You can set the number of contacts to one and make it count by inbound rather than outbound (or vice versa). Either way, it will remove most of the contacts. Hopefully the one that's left is OK.
There are methods to clean this list, but not every may work in your case (maybe no method will work on your phone).
Enter contacts/groups/frequent, then press menu and select "remove from group, (UNTESTED).
Phone/call history/ press menu and delete call history (UNTESTED).
protected by Community♦ May 18 '16 at 18:33
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?