Are there any features/functions that Appbrain has that the new market.android.com doesn't? If it does, what are they?
Features appbrain has that the Market site doesn't:
- Ability to save lists and keep them private or share them
- Appbrain reviews on top of market reviews
- More sharing options
- More filtering options for browsing
- Lists of popular apps
- App recommendations based on what you have installed
- Shows the total amount you've spent on paid apps
Features the market site has that appbrain doesn't:
- Two added categories: Widgets & Live Wallpapers
- Ability to install to device from websites without having to have an addon app that you have to periodically reauthorize like appbrain
- Easily choose which device to install to if you have multiple devices
- Ability to buy apps from the site
- Shows videos that the developers have added to their market page
These are all obviously subject to change.
Mathijs Vogelzang, developer of AppBrain.com, answers (well tries to) this question in this article.
In the handset applications, AppBrain does everything that the Android Market app does, and adds filtering options such as price, popularity, etc. that the Android Market app does not (at this time). AppBrain also offers the ability to follow others and share app lists.