I recently installed a new cable modem. After getting everything up & running, I can connect to the wireless router, and then to the internet, through laptops, desktops, and a Roku device, but I cannot access via my Android phone. It connects to the router, but cannot get to the outside world. If I turn off the wifi, then I can connect via my data plan, but I cannot connect via wifi.
- The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3, and the Android OS is 4.1.2
- I use Comcast for cable internet.
- The (old and unchanged) wireless router is a Netgear device. (I am not sure the model number, but I can get it if that seems pertinent.)
- The new cable modem is also Netgear. It's model CMD31T and it is DOCSIS 3.0, while the old modem was quite old and I have no idea what it's level of throughput.
- I changed to the new modem because the old one was becoming "spotty" -- it would occasionally lose signal. The new modem has so far been consistently on, and with strong signal... it's just that the phone cannot connect to it.