Is it possible to encrypt any message (part) across apps?
- client-side encryption
- using pgp keys (asymmetric public/secret)
- integrate into multiple apps (like WhatsApp, GoogleTalk, ...), independent of their support
- integration via some kind of overlay box
- apps would send pgp encrypted block, recipient would then read decrypted (after inserting pass-phrase)
- pass-phrase to secret key could be remembered / empty (for seamless/more comfortable decrypting)
does anybody know of such an app?
I want to be able to encrypt messages, but don't want (to have) to convince messaging partners to switch to just another messaging app just for me. Instead we'd both install the encryption overlay and would have a trustworthy chat. With people not using encryption I still could communicate via the same app.