I am using android jelly bean 4.1.2. I took the backup of color note notes then i have formatted my mobile. Now when I try to restore what I already took a backup I couldn't find the backed up notes in color note restore option. The problem is that I couldn't find the backup data inside the color note application to restore it though I have it in my memory card.
You have to go to the path
/sdcard/data/colornote/BACKUP/ and there should be the idx and dat files. If you have them and you want to backthem up, it asks for the password. I solved this problem by adding another android device.
- Take another android phone and install colornote
- Make a new note and save it
- Go to settings and turn off AUTO SYNC. Now you can backup manual
- It will ask you about a new master password ( type in 0000 or whatever)
- Now connect your android phone and copy the whole folder and paste it into the second device in the same colornote folder
- Start colornote on the second device.
- If you go to backups, you will see the backup from your first device
The backup will work now and you can easily write it down or take pictures of your notes to put them back on your first device.