I have Bose MIE2 earbuds and a Nexus 5 running Android KitKat 4.4.2. The earbuds have a two-sided button:
Hitting this button in different ways during audio playback triggers different actions. I'm trying to figure out the controls. So far, I've found:
- single tap, either side:
- Google Play Music: play/pause
- Audible: play/pause
- Stitcher Radio: pause, but no play
- double tap, either side: forward one track
- Google Play Music: forward one track
- Audible: nothing, just pauses and plays (interpreted as 2 single taps)
- Stitcher Radio: nothing, just pauses (interpreted as 2 single taps)
- press and hold, either side
- All Contexts: voice google search
There are also supposed to be ways to answer and make calls, but I haven't discovered them yet.
- is there a standard reference for what the different tap patterns are supposed to do?
- is there a way to program the controls to achieve a consistent interface across applications?
- do all headphone manufacturers implement basically the same headphone controls, so that apps for manipulating one brand will work for other brands?