Is there any reason that I am not able to see a whatsapp contact's last seen time anymore?Such as some kind of bug but not being blocked?
Actually the new whatsapp update provide user to hide the last seen stamp. In
Settings->Account->Privacy you will find option to hide. But if you enable this option you cant see other peoples timestamp too
It all depends on which version of WhatsApp you currently operate
- In the previous versions of WhatsApp you had to block a specified user in order to avoid your last seen, display picture be seen from an annoying person.
- If you have been blocked by a person then after few days you will not be able to view their dp as well as last seen.
- In the latest version(s) WhatsApp provides more privacy settings. These are available via Settings > Account > Privacy (in both Android and iOS).
- Hide display picture-If you select this option then urs as well as other display picture will be hidden (i.e your dp will be hidden from others as well as you cannot view other's dp as well).
- Hide last seen-If you select this option then your last seen will not be visible to anyone as well as you cannot see other's last seen.
- How ever if you are not sure then better wait for few days(1-2) after which you can yourself identify whether you have been blocked by some person or its your settings.
If you can't see "last seen at" stamp it could mean you've been blocked, but if a contact has blocked you, you should also not be able to check the updates to the contact's profile picture and you'll no more see the second check mark ("message delivered") in the messages you send to that contact, Whatsapp will only print the first one (which is for "message sent").
protected by Community♦ Apr 10 '15 at 18:11
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?