When I tether my phone, I can't access Google or Gmail (other sites, too [see below]!).
cmd: ping http://www.google.com; Ping request could not find host...
List of problem sites/applications:
http://search.yahoo.com, same issue.
Parts of http://www.titanpad.com (i.e., login); makes me curious as to whether or not it's a language-blocking issue....
ET Naver Line (a.k.a. LINE) jp.naver.android.npush
I experience this on various sites and apps; however the above are sites tested as working over emobile (separate modem)--the URLs should be correct. I would change the question title, but I have a support request in with the developers to contact me via this site for a resolution.
- Softbank Fujitsu Arrows 301F; 4.1-Jelly Bean.
- Softbank Aquos 104SH; 4.0-Icecream Sandwich.
- Connected via USB, debugging mode enabled, in MTP mode.
- Phone's DNS: Google DNS; OpenDNS.
- PC OS: Windows 7 SP 1 (please request any hardware specs).
- Connection methods tested: chrome latest, IE10 latest, cmd (ping), telnet.
- PC's DNS: OpenDNS; Google DNS; no DNS.
- Tethering software: easytether lite (no root).
Known error messages:
This webpage is not available
Reload Less Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.google.co.jp took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection. Check your Internet connection. Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings. If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again. If you use a proxy server... Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN". Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
Via IE 10:
Ping request could not find host http://www.google.com. Please check the name and try again.
Connecting To http://www.google.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
Unable to login due to network issues. Please check your connection and try again.
Why am I experiencing these issues (not being able to connect to the above-mentioned websites), and how can these issues be resolved? Can you help me test what I think is causing the issues?
- Perhaps the reason I cannot access these sites is because they are in use by the phone? If that is the case, I am not sure how to test it. So far, when I "force-stop" and "disable" an app like LINE, I still cannot connect. So, I thought: it's possible that the phone is reserving the app's networking info, somehow. So, I went so far as to uninstall Line from my phone and reset the phone and PC. Still unable to use Line on the PC. Furthermore; Skype works simultaneously on PC and Phone.
- Perhaps it's a PC or OS issue? I still have yet to tether my phones to a different PC or OS.
- Perhaps it's a DNS issue? I still have yet to test this, but I believe I get a similar error with OpenDNS when trying to access localhost.
- "Activate EasyTether or use it with UDP and secure sites BLOCKED? This message appears at the top of Easy Tether's settings screen. I'm very curious to know whether or not this is the cause. It seems highly likely.