I am trying to solve the problem of having an empty list of devices when running
adb devices. Why is it not appearing?
I have tried the following to no avail:
- Installed Kies and ran Tools > Install driver; then restarted
- Turned off the Mac OS X firewall in
sudo adb devicesinstead of just
- Read the user manual from Samsung, which simply refers me to use Kies
- Attach S4 to a different macbook in case the USB input is faulty
- Try both different USB inputs in my Macbook Pro
The output I see after doing a fresh restart and plugging in the S4:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
(with nothing more shown underneath)
Also, even after installing the drivers using Kies, the device does not appear there.
I am running OS X 10.9 on a Macbook Pro. The phone lights up and does start to charge when it is plugged in to any of the 2 USB ports on my Macbook.
What else can I try to have my brand new S4 appear in this device list?
EDIT It seems according to this thread (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/282817-pc-cant-detect-galaxy-s4.html) that it may just be a faulty cable. I'm currently using the cable that came with the S4. I'll try other cables.