My daughter got a new samsung tab it was working with no problems , she dowmloaded a few apps then the keyboard went , so i went to check the settings and there was no option to retrieve it. i went into the playstore to add another but kept getting an error message which wouldnt allow me to install anything, i done a factory reset thinking it would wipe everything off and retrieve the keyboard which i didnt i m left with no keyboard and having to try and speak each command which is very difficult and doesnt work , can anyone offer a way round this ?
I've run out of space in comments so let's look at some options:
1) Go to Settings > Apps then go to Google Play Store and 'Uninstall Updates'. Then let the Play Store automatically update. Try downloading another keyboard.
2) If you have error 110 it MAY be hardware related. Thread on similar issue
You may need to contact the seller or Samsung on this issue.
3) If you have error 101 then perhaps Google Play Services is to blame try installing this from the link provided, reboot and try installing another keyboard.
4) Go to Settings > Apps and see if 'Samsung Keyboard' or similar is there at all, it MAY be disabled or something simple like that! (It will say 'disabled' beside it) You can go into it an click enable in this case.
5) See if you can download any apps at all from the Play Store. Pick something popular like "Facebook" or something from a reliable source. If this also fails there is somthing more fundemental wrong here.
6) If you are a bit more adventurous you could pop to XDA Devlopers and ask someone to post the APK (android application package, basically the app to be installed) for your keyboard and see if you can install it. This is a bit more advanced and I think best left til last resort for now. I'll talk you through it if you think it is a valid option. "Side Loading" is the term to look up!