I have the Nexus 5 from Google Play running stock Android 4.4.2. My home button takes me to the far left panel (the one next to Google Now). I added a panel to the left of it, but that changed my home button to taking me to that panel. Is there a way I can configure it to go to the center panel? I'd really prefer not to have to install another launcher.
Currently, the default google launcher does not allow any customisation. In order to go to a particular screen, you need a custom launcher. There is no other way around it.
This works for my Samsung Galaxy Core LTE (SM-G386W), with the default Android 4.4.2:
- Go to the home screens;
- Press and hold on an empty spot to activate the settings;
- The default home screen should have a house symbol on its top side, and it should be highlighted with white margins;
- The default home screen can be set by tapping on the top portion of the desired slide, where the home symbol is.
For Samsung, it is very simple, pinch your screen.
- touch your screen using your two fingers (spread)
- slide both fingers so that they will touch each other
- You should see all the pages and you can do the rearranging
I use CLauncher almost specifically so I can set my Home screen.
It also themes up (default/popular) icons if you're in to that kind of thing.