The phone is a sony xperia V with android 4.1.2.
I have some contacts from my old phones imported trough google, next to that is my business contacts who are all from our company exchange system. Creating a new contact under my exchange account works well, that contact will sync nicely and show up in outlook within a few short minutes, but the contacts that I've imported from my google account will not sync. I tried to "cheese it" by backing the contacts up on the SD card, and then import them back in under the exchange account, but they will still not sync. I've toasted all my knowledge as well as google for answers, but no dice. I've also attempted to see if a recreation of the exchange account would do anything, but no.
I do suspect that either there is something with the contacts, or there is something with the exchange client on the phone, but I have no clue how to test this properly. While I did try to set the scenario on my samsung galaxy SIII, the results came out the same. Newly added contacts sync, imported contacts do not.
So my pleas ask for a hero who can give me a final answer to this mysterious behavior, so that I can finally put this silly issue behind me...
EDIT: The contacts are listed as exchange contacts after import. All sync options are on, and I've even performed a forced sync to make sure that the phone had actually synced after the importing of the contacts. Imported contacts will still not sync towards the exchange server.