Is there a way to digitally convert stereo sound tracks to mono ones, while playing? I need this feature because sometime I split my headset with other people, and hearing only one channel is quite awful. I do not want to change my music player, which is n7player (paid). My phone is Galaxy S4 with Cyanogenmod 11 (Kitkat 4.4.2).

The only answers I was able to find were to use PowerAmp player, but again, I don't want to switch to it.

  • If you don't want to switch your music player, that probably only leaves mixers/equalizers. The Android system IMHO doesn't come equipped with such a feature. – Izzy Feb 21 '14 at 20:46
  • That is exactly what I thought, but I was not able to find such app (paid or not) – matan129 Feb 22 '14 at 9:51
  • Neither was I, sorry, or I had mentioned it. Checked for about half an hour, but no luck. – Izzy Feb 22 '14 at 9:58

On Android 4.4:

  1. From your homescreen, hit the Menu key and open System Settings
  2. Go to Accessibility, tap cancel on "need a screen reader" to bypass / scroll down to "Mono Audio"
  3. Uncheck box


| improve this answer | |

In S4, go to Settings > My device > Accessibility > Hearing. You will find the Mono audio option there.

EDIT: You can download Boeffla Sound Control from play store. This app is able to convert Stereo sound to Mono. For this you must first install Busybox which is also available on play store. Your devices needs to be rooted. Hope this solves your issue.

| improve this answer | |
  • This option is available only in the stock ROM, and I'm using Cyanogenmod. – matan129 Feb 23 '14 at 14:56
  • This feature seems to be not available on CM. You can post your request here – shub Feb 28 '14 at 8:54
  • As of 2018, this answer (first part) is correct (even if maybe at the time it was posted, it was not) for latest CM/LOS. – Nobody Apr 16 '18 at 10:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.