App icons are deleted or getting moved to other screens by mistake. Is there any app to lock the icons? I don't want to install a launcher if I can get an app to lock the icons.
I agree it would be nice if Android were to lock down its app icons because they're too easy to accidentally move/remove! Ugh, so annoying! While Apple iOS also doesn't lock down their app icons, it's actually harder to accidentally move/remove app icons than on Android.
Sorry this doesn't exactly answer your question because it doesn't involve an add-on app to preexisting launcher but, there's a very thoughtfully designed, lightweight launcher called Smart Launcher that has an important feature called "Prevent Modifications," which solves the problem of accidental moving/deletion of app icons you and most people are having.
Other unique benefits/features:
- Conserves screen real estate by allowing two actions per icon/app--secondary action done by double-pressing an icon/app; allowed actions include app, folder, widget, shortcut, etc.
- Arranges home screen apps into a circular (other choices as well) pattern, making it easy for user to remember where things are, so access is faster.
- Instead of showing apps collection page by page, it groups apps by their categories, modifiable by user. It's like the Linux Mint Operating System's start or app menu.
- Rarely used apps can be hidden by user.
- Since it's among the most lightweight of all launchers, it conserves battery and valuable resources which could be used for something else, which is crucial for slower, older phones.
- Advertised to work with "OK Google" voice command, though I've never tried it because I don't need it. Uses a Contacts-searchable bar on the homescreen.
- Doesn't require rooting.
- I've been happily using the Free version which meets my needs, but if you find you like the additional features then they're in the Pro version.