I bought a Nexus 5 just a few weeks ago and it died miserably yesterday without any apparent reason at all. I've read quite a few threads around the net about this and I haven't been able to power on the phone with the method suggested.
What I'd like to do now is trying to recover as much data as possible and/or wipe the phone completely [without losing warranty]. Is there a way to do so considering that:
- connecting the phone to the computer won't work
- I can't power on the phone in any way
- I can't reach the boot loader
What I've tried so far:
- holding the power button down for 10+ seconds
- holding the power and the volume (+ and -, either together or one by one) buttons for 10+ seconds
- did the steps above when disconnected from a/c, when connected to a/c and when connected to usb.
- phone recharged for a 10+ hours and did again all the steps above
- tried at different time of day with different stars configuration, swearing and being nice, swearing and being nice at the same time too.
- asked the help of all gods I'm aware of without any luck (does this suggest google is evil?)