Is there a way to sync my Facebook calendar with the inbuilt Phone calendar of Android. I know there are many apps, but I do not want to give them permission to access my profile details.
Facebook doesn't allow it - you would have to use another app like Haxsync and give it permission to access your profile.
Obtain calendar URL from Facebook
- Go to Facebook Events via a Desktop browser (or set the Mobile browser identification to as Desktop)
- Scroll to Upcoming Events link, at the bottom of the right column
- Right-click on the link and Copy address
Add the calendar from its URL
- Go to Google Calendar
- Click Menu to show it
- Click on the icon on the side of Add Calendar and choose From URL
- Paste the URL obtained before and Make calendar public; if you are ok with that. It is necessary to show it on Android.
Sync the calendar, on Android
- Open the Google Calendar app
- Tap on Menu and then Settings
- Scroll to find the calendar Events on Facebook and tap on it. If is not shown yet, come back to the calendar, tap on the three-dots icon and choose Refresh
- Enable Sync
Et Voilà! Enjoy your Facebook events directly on Android and any device you desire, without having to open Facebook website or app 👌😉
Note: the calendar is read-only. So, unfortunately, for now is not possible to set custom notifications for the events (that actually would be make this setup perfect, given the pretty short time ahead that Facebook uses for its reminders).
PS: my Google Calendar web app was not set in english, so items could be named slightly different.
This is how you do it: https://www.facebook.com/help/152652248136178
And then in Google do this: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37100?hl=en