I just installed CyanogenMod 10.2 on HTC One X+ and I want to install ONLY the Google Play Store. I know there is Gapps, but I want to have even less apps on my phone than what is in that package. I searched already for a long time on the internet, but couldn't find a clear solution. I hope you can help me :) (I know about F-Droid, also have that on my phone, but I wish to have Play Store too)
What I did so far:
- I downloaded Play Store (cm.android.vending-4.6.16.apk) from Android Police: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/13/download-latest-google-play-store-4-6-16-with-new-require-password-option-tweaked-ui-forced-self-update-and-more/
- Got the Gapps zip for CM 10.2: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
- From Gapps I took the files "GmsCore.apk", "GoogleLoginService.apk" and "GoogleServicesFramework.apk".
- I moved these 3 apks to my phone and relocated these 3 apks to the folder /system/app/
- I installed the Play Store (cm.android.vending-4.6.16.apk)
If you don't put "GmsCore.apk" on your phone, Google Play Store will start, but you will have no connection in the store.
I can start Play Store and have connection with the store, but the moment I want to install an app or check for updates (settings --> Build version (4.6.16)) it says: "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." How to solve this?