How can I get my computer to recognize I have attached my tablet? I have tried every trick online with no luck.
- No indication at all from computer that a tablet is plugged in (No yellow exclamation marks in device manager, no sound upon plugging in)
- I have tried multiple cables ( I believe this may be a hardware issue), multiple usb ports
- I have tried all sorts of driver install methods as well as usb debugging modes
- The only indication I get is a red x on the tablet over the battery when plugged in. The tablet charges fine when plugged into the wall charger.
- My other galaxy tab 10.1 original communicates with the computer fine ( I have since reformatted the tablet and computer and have tried multiple computers)
Currently using: - Thinkpad T61 with aging battery - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (SGH-T779) T-mobile - Windows 8 (Have tried with a fresh copy of Windows 7) - Running Android 4.1.2
The only indication I have gotten from the pc that the tablet was plugged in was the mouse changing from an arrow to a thinking symbol for less than 1 second. I feel as though I have tried everything and it is a broken port on the tablet. It charges fine when the tablet is off.
Overall, I wish to root the tablet to put a custom rom on it. I have tried rooting the tablet using various apk's w/out a PC but have had no luck (I will probably post another question about troubleshooting root process with no PC).
Thanks in advance