I know someone who just got an Atrix 4G and previously had an iPhone 3GS. I was asked how he could move his contacts from the iPhone/iTunes onto the Android device. I have never owned an iPhone and have had limited interaction with them. Does anyone know the simplest method of getting iPhone contacts onto an Android device?
I'd probably suggest using Google Sync to sync the iPhone contacts with the Google account, then using that account for the Android.
I know this has been solved already, but I just faced the same problem and found an easy solution that maybe helps someone else. If you don't really like going over Google Contacts to sync from iPhone to Android, you can also use "Bump". It's a small application that works on both platforms and works perfectly between the two. I just ended up moving all my contacts in a simple bump ;-)
The easiest method I've found has been using a desktop/browser. Here's an article explaining how, but for the recap:
- Make sure that the you are using iClound and that the contacts sync setting is on.
- Log into https://www.icloud.com/ with your iTunes details and select "Contacts".
- Select all contacts. The article suggests scrolling, but it's quicker to select the first one and use CTRL + A (or ⌘ + A for Mac).
- Select "Export vCard..." from the cog icon in the bottom left of the screen.
- Log into Google Contacts and select "Import..." from the "More" menu.
- Upload/import your vCard and merge duplicates.
That's it! Pretty much as soon as you've imported and de-duplicated you should see your contacts start showing on your phone. You may want to delete the extra Group that's added but it's up to you.
You can use an app that transfers the contacts via bluetooth or wi-fi, this one, for example.
protected by eldarerathis Dec 15 '13 at 17:48
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?