About a month ago my application updates ate all of the memory of my phone (samsung galaxy young), so I decided to uninstall, or disable and downgrade applications. I did this to google play as well. Now I need to install an application so I need google play. I enabled it, but it writes a "no connection / retry" message.
- I restarted the phone many times, it did not help.
- I installed the google+ application, which can log in to my account successfully, so I think there is no problem with the credentials.
- One of the applications wrote me, that I have to update google play, but clicking on that link lead to the same no connection message. It has currently the version 4.1.10 (I guess I purged all the updates when I disabled it).
- I cleared the data and the cache of google play.
- I checked the date & time settings, they are okay.
- There is no Freedom application on the phone.
- There is only
127.0.0.1 localhostin the hosts file, nothing else.
- I did not travel, I live in the EU, and try to access to the service from home.
- I installed the google play 4.8.20 from here, and google play services 4.4.48 from here but there is no change.
I read about how to fix this error, but nothing worked for me so far, and I am sure I won't factory reset my phone... Any suggestions?