I recently got a new Nexus 5 and I have a lot of issues with the software.
Basically I have 2 major issues which I guess are likely related:
- Google play store very often gives me an error
Unknown error code during application install: "960"
- Many applications often crash with the error message
Unfortunately application <insert-app -here> has stopped working. I'm under the impression these are mainly stock apps but I'm not 100% sure.
Next I also see some side issues in google chrome, which I suspect have the same reason:
- Sometimes while browsing the whole phone crashes, I haven't pinned this down to a single action, but it only happens while using chrome, not with any other app or while idling.
- I often get an error stating "this page cannot be loaded, please reload", after 5-6 times reloading it finally works (or the phone crashes...).
To me it looks like there is some error with a basic android support app (maybe services) that messes everything up but I really can't figure out what it is. I have tried already:
- Factory reset several times, including using recovery mode
- Adding/removing my google account
- Clearing app caches of several apps like google chrome and google play services
- Clearing the cache partition using recovery mode
- Rebooting in safe mode