I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 8 and I have a problem with the USB-connection. When I plug-in my samsung galaxy s3 to the computer - a symbol pops-up and the adb-client can comunnicate with the server on the device. No problem here. But very often - the connection between the OS and the device suddenly dissappears - as if I hade disconnected the device from the computer. I do not know what causes this but I have a strong feeling that there may be a bug in windows 8. Why then - I have tried the following:
- changed USB cable
- reinstalled all drivers, including KIES
- even tried with my other cellphone - samsung galaxy s4 - same same same!!!!
- NO problem whatsoever when developing on XP
- tried with every USB-port on the computer
- AND - its not the usb-ports since this does not occur with other devices such as usb-memories
It feels like something in the OS close the samsung-driver but I cannot understand why?
One more thing - I am not sure about this - but this problem seems to be more frequent when I develop apps in eclipse.
So my question? Does anyone recognize this issue? I have googled and can only find problem with the adb-driver. Not issues with connection-problems. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
thanks in advance!!!