I have been locked out of my Galaxy Player. When I clicked on "forgot password" it told me to log in to my Google Play account. I forgot my password to it too. I need help to figure out how to change my password to it.
Is your phone rooted? If yes, then
- Power off your phone. Wait for 5 minutes (till it vibrates to indicate it's switched off completely or just remove the battery)
- Press volume down+power button+home button (to boot it to bootloader)
- It will ask your warranty is void bla bla bla., just click okay
- Now navigate the menu with volume up (to go one level up) volume down (to one level down) and power button (to select)
- There must be some wipe dat/factory reset
- If yes then select it and wipe all - all yes' and okays' (it will not clear your media inside the internal sd)
- When it finishes go back to menu and click reboot
And check if your password has been set to slide unlock
Checked and verified on many Samsung devices and other phone out in India.
When you connect you phone to computer check if USB debugging is enabled in your phone (in notification bar). If USB debugging is enabled you won't lose your data and these are the steps needed to get into recovery mode:
- Turn the device off.
Press the Volume Up Key and then press the Power/Lock Key at the same time until the device switches on.
Tip: Volume Up is the end closest to the Power/Lock Key.
- Once the SAMSUNG logo appears, release the Power/ Lock key while continuing to press the Volume Up key.
- Continue to press the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery screen displays.