I would like to discuss the best way(s) to automatically backup all data on a phone including system, data and sdcard to a server or computer. This should be scheduled so that one will loose as little data as possible if the phone or tablet gets lost/stolen.
I don't want to exclude Googles Backup system totally but I personally look for a different solution because I don't want to hand over my data to any cloud service, so if the best way would be the cloud it had to be encrypted.
Incremental Backups would be great but I don't see that happening.
My devices are all rooted, otherwise a system backup wouldn't be possible of course.
Tools that come to mind and their respective disadvantages:
- Clockworkmod Recovery / TWRP > cannot be automated
- Online Nandroid Backup > would fill up the SDcard because incremental is not supported
- Bittorrent Sync > can only sync folders not the whole sdcard (what about App2SD partition?)
- Rsync > only works for SDcard and hard to automate (on Windows)
- Airdroid > only for SDCard
- Titanium Backup > no SDcard backup, only selected data backup
What kind of backup system would you suggest?