A while ago I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S in a puddle, the phone came apart (the battery & back cover came off). I quickly wiped the parts and put them in my pocket (without turning it on), when I got home I opened it up, wiped the parts and left it in the window sill for it to dry.
About 3 days later I checked to see if everything was working but only the Samsung logo came up at the start, then it just froze. The next morning I tried turning it on to see if it worked and it wouldn't start, completely. When I try to charge it, it doesn't show a battery sign and it won't load up into recovery or download mode.
Since I had downloaded a custom ROM I'd hoped plugging a USB jig in would get it in download mode so I could redownload the original ROM – however it didn't do anything.
I know the battery is charging as I checked to see if the battery was working by connecting it to a led, it didn't start so I knew the battery was dead; I left the phone plugged in and after about 10 mins I checked to see if it would work so I connected an LED light and it worked.
The battery is definitely charging so the problem isn't the battery, could it be the screen? Or something wrong with the circuit? Whenever I touch my phone screen, it does seem to be moist and wet.
Any help appreciated, I'd like not to get a new phone so if there is any chance of recovering it please let me know.