Is it possible to change the Kindle Fire's lock screen from displaying ads to a user chosen file or one of the random presets that come pre-installed?
If so, how would one go about this?
Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
AFAIK there's an "ad-free fee" you could pay to Amazon 15 bucks. Apart from that, available solutions require you to root your device:
- root your Kindle Fire HD 2013
- Download and install ES File Explorer from amazon AppStore (its free)
- Start ES File Explorer and enable Root Explorer
- Browse to
- Mark the
- Go to "more" and "settings"
- Remove the permissions from "rwx --- ---" to "--- --- ---"
- (Optional) Remove all folders in the adunits folder