During my last holiday, an overeager podcast app used my entire quota for downloading one podcast.
Now I am looking for sulutions that will help limit bandwidth usage.
- Primarily I would like to monitor and limit usage by apps (getting warnings,throttling and blocking apps).
- Sometimes up/down can be treaded separately (like photo backups)
- I probably have a lot of apps that I can't monitor individually, I think I should be notified about those using resources, and then be able to set limits.
- Would like the possibility of several different "policies", with automatic or manual selection. (I often use a mobile hotspot, so basing it on wi-fi or mobile data is not sufficient). Can be home operator, roaming status/location, Hotspot name.
- Sometimes the problem is hotspot clients of my device. Some granular control would be best.
- Perhaps granular control of browses - possibility to control websites, tabs perhaps by limiting heavy downloads like flash and photos.
- Limit bandwidth used by ads.
On my phone I have a Data usage listing under Settings|Connections, which is somewhat useful.