The question of how to change your Google Play country has been asked over and over. However, it's not clear whether this has any (unwanted) side-effects.

Some possible issues that come in mind:

  • What happens with any free country-specific apps you have installed in the country you currently use? Will they cease working? Will they cease receiving updates?
  • What happens with any paid country-specific apps you have installed in the country you currently use?
  • Is it possible for an app to have different country-specific versions in two countries? What happens then?
  • Can you change back your country any time you want, or is there a limit on how often you can change it?

This may seem like a dumb question, but I have heard some horror stories from friends who changed country in Apple App Store, only to find content they had purchased inaccessible. So I don't take the safety of this operation for granted.

  • Last time I did this, all apps you already have are kept and unaffected. – Matthew Read Nov 6 '14 at 17:38

First of all to be able to change anything on your android device you must first 'Root' it . I assume your Android device is already rooted .

There is an App called Market Unlocker/enabler , it makes it very easy to change your country to any other country for G-play known . Just install it as an normal apk , and give it Root permissions . and you can configure everything , its a piece of cake :) Market Unlocker

There are NO SIDE EFFECTS : i tried it on GS3 , GS2 , nextbook 7 premium , galaxy tab 8.9 Ace 3 , Ace 2 , galaxy young , working fine all the time :) download link : https://app.box.com/s/ad74848bacf8800ae077

| improve this answer | |

I did this when I moved across countries - the apps are unaffected. If you had apps which are available in the earlier country then you can continue updating and using them. The only downside is that if you have credit in your account, then that doesn't appear in the new country. You can still use the credit if you change your play store country back to the old one.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.